POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why does this not surprise me? : Re: Why does this not surprise me? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does this not surprise me?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 13 May 2008 16:17:43
Message: <4829f767$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> When I was at university (12 years ago) there were no security courses and
> security was never discussed. I dunno if it's changed recently, but a
> frightning proportion of devs I work with don't know the first thing about
> how to write secure code

When I was at university (5 years ago) security was *mentioned*. Like,
once or twice maybe. I think I recall somebody mentioning that we should
go find out what "SQL injection" means and why it's bad. And that's
about it. [It wasn't in the exam, so I cannot *imagine* anybody bothered
to actually look it up. Except me, anyway. I had great fun breaking all
my classmate's web sites...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/